Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mormon Beliefs: Jesus Christ's Ministry in America Video

This video clip comes from the movie Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd, produced by the Mormon Church which showed in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and other visitors centers. Mormons believe that just as Jesus Christ ministered to those in the Old World in Jerusalem and the surrounding areas, He also ministered to those in the New World in ancient America following His death and Resurrection.



One of the most remarkable aspects of the Savior's appearance on the American continent was His personal ministry as He invited each person to come and see for themselves. As recorded in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon:

And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:

Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

3 comments:

annalaura said...

This is great. What a great idea for a blog.

Trestin Meacham said...

Hey I have been doing a something like this on my blog at blogger. Good work

Trestin Meacham said...

I've been doing something like this on my blog but yours is much better.